[mythtv-users] HDHomerun Connect: "idle" tuner keep streaming

Janusz S. Bień jsbien at mimuw.edu.pl
Sat Sep 23 08:32:36 UTC 2017

On Sat, Sep 09 2017 at  7:10 CEST, jsbien at mimuw.edu.pl writes:
> Hi!
>
> After the end of MythTV recording, when WebFrontend shows that none of
> the encoders is recording, the tuner keep streaming to port 47224 of my
> PC.
>
> When I try to stop this from the command line with
>
>      hdhomerun_config  <id> set /tuner0/channel none
>
> it stops (the LED goes off), but after some time it starts again streaming.
>
>      hdhomerun_config  <id> get /tuner0/status
>
> reports however tuning to a different channel.
>
> I will appreciate your comments and suggestions, as the situation is
> rather annoying.

I reported the problem on the SiliconDust forum

https://forum.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=66337

and got a suggestion that the culprit is the retrieval of EIT
information by MythTV.  This doesn't seem probable to me, but I would
like to check it and possibly prove this is not the case. How to do it?

> Best regards
>
> Janusz
>
> P.S. Why 'ps x' doesn't show me the MythTV backend?

Still curious.

Best regards

Janusz

--
                           ,
Prof. dr hab. Janusz S. Bien -  Uniwersytet Warszawski (Katedra Lingwistyki Formalnej)