[mythtv-users] Mythcontrolled is anyone using this iOS app?

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 23:35:09 UTC 2017

On 09/21/2017 05:46 PM, Anthony Giggins wrote:
> Still looking for a replacement for Torc, which has been broken for some time now due to the changes in the Services API, however now IOS11 has
> been released is now no longer supported
>
> I can across this
>
> http://mythcontrolled.dairystatedesigns.com/
>
>  From the 3.1 version release notes, Does any one know what issue the "Mythtv Developers are working on"?

Couldn't find the 3.1 release notes on that page, but:

DISCLAIMER
There are a few known issues with the remote that are caused by problems with the MythTV application. We hope to assist in getting these fixed
in a future version of MythTV.

> Fixes for iOS 10+ and MythTV 0.28.x. Please note that the options on the remote control jump menu still do not work with MythTV 0.28.x, but the
> MythTV developers are working on a fix for this.

There was a fix pushed August 6th, 2017 that addressed the Frontend/SendAction
endpoint. That <may> be what this is about.

For fixes/0.28: https://code.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/f1a485c

I don't think that's in 0.28.1 so you may need to use daily builds.

Bill