[mythtv-users] Upgrade your system for TheTVDB update on October 1st 2017

Jay Foster jayf0ster at roadrunner.com
Wed Sep 20 15:40:19 UTC 2017

On 09/20/2017 07:59 AM, Bill Meek wrote:
> On 09/20/2017 09:55 AM, Jay Foster wrote:
>> Most things seem to be working, except meta data lookups all fail
>> with exit status 128.  Any ideas?
>
> Yes, try creating: ~mythtv/.mythtv/cache/tvdb_api (writable
> by user mythtv of course.)

My backend does not have a ~mythtv/.mythtv/cache directory:

ls -CF /home/mythtv/.mythtv/
3rdParty/                          channels/       themes/
Cache-mythbackend-mythbox/         config.xml@     tmp/
Cache-mythfilldatabase-mythbox/    MythNetvision/
Cache-mythmetadatalookup-mythbox/  pytmdb3.cache

The backend does have a ~<my_user>/.mythtv/cache directory.  I created
the tvdb_api directory there and ran the following command from the
command line:

jay at mythbox:~$ /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l en -a
US -N "77 Sunset Strip" "5"
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/urllib3/util/ssl_.py:339:
SNIMissingWarning: An HTTPS request has been made, but the SNI (Subject
Name Indication) extension to TLS is not available on this platform.
This may cause the server to present an incorrect TLS certificate, which
can cause validation failures. You can upgrade to a newer version of
Python to solve this. For more information, see
https://urllib3.readthedocs.io/en/latest/advanced-usage.html#ssl-warnings
   SNIMissingWarning
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/urllib3/util/ssl_.py:137:
InsecurePlatformWarning: A true SSLContext object is not available. This
prevents urllib3 from configuring SSL appropriately and may cause
certain SSL connections to fail. You can upgrade to a newer version of
Python to solve this. For more information, see
https://urllib3.readthedocs.io/en/latest/advanced-usage.html#ssl-warnings
   InsecurePlatformWarning
jay at mythbox:~$ echo $?
0

This resulted in a ~jay/.mythtv/cache/tvdb_api/tvdb_api.sqlite file
being created.  Despite the warning messages, the exit status is 0.

I then tried running a metadata lookup from the frontend, but it still
fails with exit status 128.