[mythtv-users] New installation errors

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Sun Sep 17 05:12:45 UTC 2017

On 09/16/2017 07:56 PM, Stephen Worthington wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Sep 2017 18:16:21 -0700, you wrote:
>
>> <...>
>>
>> Where can I find the instructions for creating the innards of
>> mythconverg?
>> Or, is there something else I need to do?
>>
>> Thanks for your help.
> I believe that all you need to do is to run mythtv-setup instead of
> mythbackend - it should create all the tables if they are not there.

It looks like that worked. I'll still need to set up the connection to
Schedules Direct, but that will have to wait until tomorrow afternoon.

> Or you can restore an old backup database, and then let mythtv-setup
> upgrade it to the latest schema.

I do have one another machine running MythTV. I'll try to figure out how
to do the backup from
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore and see how well
that works.

Thanks for the help.