[mythtv-users] Using TV remote to control MythTV frontend on Raspberry Pi

Jeff jffry at posteo.net
Mon Sep 11 20:25:07 UTC 2017

I discovered by accident a couple of days ago that both my TV and RPi3
support HDMI-CEC. After some fiddling around, I managed to get my TV
remote to control the MythTV frontend running on my RPi3. Not seeing the
info anywhere else (at least all together), I added it here:

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/HDMI-CEC#Use_a_TV_remote_to_control_MythTV

Works a treat.

My only question is that I see in the frontend setup, that MythTV
support a load of system events, and one of them is a CEC command.

This lead me to think that the bash, cec-client and xdotool hackery
described above could be replaced by something altogether more elegant.

Does anybody know how to use the CEC command event directly in Myth?

Regards

Jeff