[mythtv-users] Mythtv 0.27.6 and db schema problem

Paul Shepherd pshepherd99 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 18:25:00 UTC 2017

I have been running Mythtv 0.27.6 on Linux Mint 17.3 for several months
without a problem.  I attempted an upgrade to 0.28.1 which failed due to
dependency issues, as these looked complicated to solve I decided to revert
to 0.27.6.

I had backed up the db and restored as per the wiki and this seemed to work
ok, ie the backend and mythweb seem to work ok. However, mythlink.pl and
optimize.sh report an error in the db schema:

  Database schema 1317 not supported.
  Bindings support schema version 1344

So it seems I have some code/data files leftover from 0.28.1 (which uses
schema 1344) in my 0.27.6 system.

I can't find where or what mythlink uses to return the erroneous schema
version message - can someone advise me how to solve this problem please?

thanks, paul

ps also posted to the mythtv forum troubleshooting, but realised this list
is more active.