[mythtv-users] UPDATE: Re: WinTV-dualHD TV Tuner not found.

Ian Campbell ijc at hellion.org.uk
Sun Sep 10 18:03:59 UTC 2017

On Sun, 2017-09-10 at 16:09 +0100, Mike Bibbings wrote:
> > Does anyone know what Debian kernel has the 2-tuner patch/addition?
>
> Don't know about any kernel supporting 2 tuner patch on Ubuntu or Debian.
> As far as I can tell such patches are not yet in upstream.

This is relevant because Debian's policy is to only accept patches
which are upstream. Once they are in upstream they might be backported
if there is demand, or else one has to be patient and wait for the
newer kernel version to filter through the various release systems.

Linux has a merge window open now, so fingers crossed for this patch
going in for v4.14!

Ian.