[mythtv-users] mythtv-light under raspbian stretch

Jeff jffry at posteo.net
Sat Sep 9 15:58:37 UTC 2017

On 09/09/17 17:45, Peter Bennett wrote:
> OK so the other way around, maybe you are installing the stretch version
> of mythtv-light but your system is still running jessie.

$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:	Raspbian
Release:	9.1
Codename:	stretch

> I checked on the libexiv2 (apt-cache search libexiv2), only version 14
> is available on stretch, and you said you have version 13, so that is
> either not stretch or perhaps some mixture of stretch and jessie.

pi at raspberrypi:~ $ apt-cache search libexiv2
libexiv2-14 - EXIF/IPTC/XMP metadata manipulation library
libexiv2-dbg - EXIF/IPTC/XMP metadata manipulation library - debug
libexiv2-dev - EXIF/IPTC/XMP metadata manipulation library - development
files
libexiv2-doc - EXIF/IPTC/XMP metadata manipulation library - HTML
documentation
libkexiv2-11 - Qt like interface for the libexiv2 library
libkexiv2-data - Qt-like interface for the libexiv2 library -- data files
libkexiv2-dbg - Qt-like interface for the libexiv2 library -- debugging
symbols
libkexiv2-dev - Qt-like interface for the libexiv2 library --
development files
libkf5kexiv2-15.0.0 - Qt like interface for the libexiv2 library
libkf5kexiv2-dev - Qt-like interface for the libexiv2 library --
development files
libexiv2-13 - EXIF/IPTC metadata manipulation library

But:

$ dpkg -l '*libexiv2*'

Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
||/ Name                              Version               Architecture
         Description
+++-=================================-=====================-=====================-========================================================================
ii  libexiv2-13:armhf                 0.24-4.1              armhf
         EXIF/IPTC metadata manipulation library
un  libexiv2-14                       <none>                <none>
         (no description available)

Ah! And indeed

sudo apt-get install libexiv2-14

did the trick. Does that mean that mythtv-light is missing a depends: on
libexiv2-14?

Thanks for the help.

Regards

Jeff