[mythtv-users] HDPVR and lirc problem after Upgrade to 0.28

Jim lists at morton.hrcoxmail.com
Tue Sep 5 14:44:26 UTC 2017

On 8/29/2017 11:47 AM, Jim wrote:
> On 8/20/2017 1:39 PM, Jim wrote:
>> I was forced into rebuilding my myth box as the boot drive failed. I
>> decided to upgrade at the same time. I was on Mythbuntu 10.04 with
>> Myth 0.25 and now using Mythbuntu 16.04 w myth 0.29. The new boot
>> disk is an SSD so it is booting much faster now. Maybe too fast for
>> something??
>>

> Can anyone assist with getting an HDPVR working under Mythbuntu 16.04?
> I need to get the channel changer blaster working so it can change
> channels on the STB.
>
> Jim

A Mythbuntu 16.04 reinstall and most everything is working now.
Oddly if I set MCC to use the Blaster with Dish, the remote and blaster
do not work. If I turn that off in MCC it all works. I guess that's
because it is "in kernel" now?

A big thanks to all who work on this project. I had actually considered
moving to a Dish provided DVR during my "crisis". Now I am so glad I didn't.

Jim