[mythtv-users] ubuntu mythtv fixes packages haven't 'auto built' since mid july

Peter Bennett cats22 at comcast.net
Mon Sep 4 20:57:04 UTC 2017

On 09/04/2017 04:24 PM, Tim Pletcher wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I updated my 0.28 installation today to 0.28.20170903 and my
> installation now indicates that mythtv-common and mythweb are held
> back yet all other packages upgraded.
>
> It appears that mythtv-common it is held back due to missing
> dependencies on python-future and python-requests-cache which are
> indicated to be unavailable. Anyone have any guidance as to what to do
> now?  It looks like my metadata collection jobs now appear to be
> failing and I assume it is because I have a system which partially on
> the 2010903 version.
>
> Any suggestions on what I might be able to do to restore version
> consistency?
>
> Thanks,
> Tim
Those packages are available in ubuntu xenial (16.04) but not earlier
versions. I assume you have an older version of ubuntu.

Here is my suggestion

Go to Ubuntu package search https://packages.ubuntu.com/
Search for the following packages in ubuntu-xenial: python-future,
python-requests, python-requests-cache
Click on the package name in the web page
At the bottom of the page there are download links for architecture "all"
Download the deb file for each package
install gdebi-core on your system
Use "sudo gdebi" to install each of these packages.
Then go back and upgrade again.

This should work, the xenial packages do not have any strange dependencies.

Peter