[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.29 compilation on Debian 9 fails.

A. F. Cano afc at shibaya.lonestar.org
Mon Sep 4 00:58:58 UTC 2017

On Sun, Sep 03, 2017 at 01:54:22PM +0000, Per Hatlevik wrote:
>    if you have deb-multimedia in your sources why compile from source?

You're right.  I'm currently downloading all the deb packages.  I
thought I'd try to compile from source to get the latest (0.29).
Deb-multimedia only has 0.28 but that should be enough to see if the
tuner (dualHD, 955D as reported by lsusb) is visible without installing
a custom ubuntu kernel, which I'd rather avoid.

>    If you really want to compile myth I would recommend apt-get build-dep to

Thanks for this tip.  I'll look into it.

>    get the necessary packages to build from source.
>    Also, the hauppauge quadHD is the best ATSC tuner by far IMHO!

Does this use the same driver as the dualHD? Did you need to use
additional drivers or is the standard kernel sufficient? Which
kernel/distribution are you using?

Thanks for replying.

Augustine