[mythtv-users] APC backups

David Williams mythtv_david at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 3 16:23:38 UTC 2017

 I’m a long timeMythTv user. My basic Linux skills are limited so I’ve neverattempted any of the more complex – like RAID – data redundancymethods. I use an SSD for the application and a hard drive forstorage. Owing to power outages I’ve had several crashes where Ilost my system so I set up an APC battery backup with apcupsd. Itworked like a charm but, at least for me, is a bit onerous to set up.I did a bit of research and discovered that Ubuntu has a built inalternative. I thought I’d ask if folk have an opinion on this v.apcupsd. Thanks,

d.

http://www.pontikis.net/blog/ups-power-management-ubuntu-16.04

|   |