[mythtv-users] Gentoo 0.28.1-r1 ebuild issues - Exiv2?

rsh1k roland.sh1000 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 18:39:13 UTC 2017

On Tue, Oct 31, 2017 at 11:46 AM, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 1:04 PM, rsh1k <roland.sh1000 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I have manually/oneshot installed media-gfx/exiv2 (0.25-r2) as well as
> > media-libs/gexiv2 (0.10.3), but the mythtv build still fails at the same
> > spot.
> >

> > Here are the emerge details:

> > [ebuild     U ~] media-tv/mythtv-0.28.1-r1:0/0.28.1::gentoo
> > [0.27.6_p20160318-r1:0/0.27.6_p20160318::gentoo] USE="alsa dvb dvd fftw
> hls
> > libass mythlogserver%* python theora vaapi vorbis wrapper xml xvid
> > (-altivec) -autostart -bluray -cec -crystalhd -debug -egl -ieee1394 -jack
> > -lcd -lirc -perl -pulseaudio -systemd% -vdpau -xmltv -zeroconf"
> > INPUT_DEVICES="-joystick" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7" 0 KiB
> >

> > I know even 0.28.1 is getting dated now with the release of version
> "29"..
> > Is there an alternate location where Gentoo users are getting their
> ebuilds
> > from that I am not aware of?  Or has anyone else been able to resolve
> this
> > build issue with 0.28.1?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> > - Dave
> >

> There are several things that are very strange about that one. First
> of all media-gfx/exiv2 is clearly a dependency of that ebuild that
> doesn't even hinge on any USE flags:
>
> COMMON="
>     dev-libs/glib:2
>     dev-qt/qtcore:5
>     dev-qt/qtdbus:5
>     dev-qt/qtgui:5
>     dev-qt/qtnetwork:5
>     dev-qt/qtscript:5
>     dev-qt/qtsql:5[mysql]
>     dev-qt/qtopengl:5
>     dev-qt/qtwebkit:5
>     dev-qt/qtwidgets:5
>     dev-qt/qtxml:5
>     media-gfx/exiv2:=
> ...etc...
>
> I'm using a copy of mythtv-0.28.1-r1.ebuild in my local overlay,
> because I've removed the requirement for udisks2 and qtdbus, but that
> doesn't affect any of that, and it absolutely pulled that in as a
> dependency.
>
> equery d media-gfx/exiv2
>  * These packages depend on media-gfx/exiv2:
> media-tv/mythtv-0.28.1-r1 (media-gfx/exiv2)
>
> I'm stumped as to what would ignore that dependency in the first
> place, let alone why the compile would fail...though the two may
> somehow be related.
>
> Tom
>

> Also note that media-libs/gexiv2 doesn't appear to be required at
> all...just media-gfx/exiv2. Also note that I'm on x86 and not 64 bit,
> but I'm not aware of any specific issues with that ebuild other than
>some odd stuff regarding gles2 which you're not using.
>
> Tom

Thanks Tom, appreciate the help.

I should have mentioned- I'm running a pure 64-bit system  (x86_64) without
multilib.

On my machine, 'equery d media-gfx/exiv2' shows that exiv2 is required by
ufraw.
ufraw in return is required by imagemagick, which is required by dvdauthor
and transcode, both of which are required by mythplugins.  But mythplugins
is not required by the mythtv package, so although suspicious, that might
be a dead-end?

I emerged gexiv2 as a test... I'll remove it in case it is complicating the
troubleshooting.

Thanks again for your help.
- Dave