[mythtv-users] Raspberry Pi not booting with network

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 03:22:59 UTC 2017

On 10/30/2017 03:55 PM, Jeff wrote:
> On 30/10/17 20:34, Peter Bennett wrote:
>> I have never had this problem,, however my Raspberry Pi's are turned on
>> all the time. They use very little power so there is no need to turn
>> them off. I do have a script that reboots them once a week, but the
>> network always comes up successfully. How do you reboot? Is it a power
>> off or just a reboot?
>
> It is shutdown via the Myth "exit and shutdown" option, after which the
> power to the TV and Pi is killed.
>
>> The network adaptors are no longer called eth0. You can see the name by
>> running ifconfig. Mine for example is called enxb827ebf4eef2.
>
> Ah, thanks. Does the adapter always end up with the same address?

Your enxb827ebf4eef2 name may just contain the NIC's MAC address.

For other options, one of these might apply (or just search for
Predictable Network Interface Names.)

https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/PredictableNetworkInterfaceNames/
https://askubuntu.com/questions/606734/15-04-how-to-enable-predictable-network-interface-names-by-default#628492

--