[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase keeps adding channels from a different source

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Oct 24 14:07:32 UTC 2017

On 10/24/2017 09:16 AM, Stephen Worthington wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Oct 2017 08:08:41 -0400, you wrote:
>

>> I've been working to setup 0.29 due to my old install no longer working.  I'd been using data direct for several years after the last xmltv support e00nded.
>> Any ideas?  I do normally use the switch like this:mythfilldatabase --remove-new-channels
>>
> If you do "mythfilldatabase --only-update-guide" it will not affect
> the channels.

The --only-update-guide argument only applies when using XMLTV-based
grabbers, not when using Schedules Direct data (that uses the DataDirect
protocol).  In this case (and, I'll admit it wouldn't be that easy to
catch from the original post, especially if you're from the parts of the
world that use XMLTV-based grabbers), the original poster is using
Schedules Direct, so --remove-new-channels is the proper option.

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythfilldatabase#Command_line_options

Mike