[mythtv-users] Playback Flickering After Upgrade to 0.28.1

Jay Foster jayf0ster at roadrunner.com
Sun Oct 22 15:47:34 UTC 2017

On 10/08/2017 08:12 AM, Saul A. Peebsen wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Oct 2017 07:38:32 -0700
> Jay Foster <jayf0ster at roadrunner.com> wrote:
>
>> On 10/08/2017 07:27 AM, Saul A. Peebsen wrote:

>>> You can use vainfo to determine what VA-API modes are supported.
>>>
>> vainfo reports:
>>
>> libva info: VA-API version 0.35.0
>> libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
>> libva info: Trying to
>> open /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/i965_drv_video.so libva info:
>> Found init function __vaDriverInit_0_35 libva
>> error: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/i965_drv_video.so init failed
>> libva info: va_openDriver() returns -1 vaInitialize failed with error
>> code -1 (unknown libva error),exit
>>
>> I am not using VAAPI.  Playback was very good with 0.27.  Why has
>> 0.28 broken it?
> You really should consider using VA-API with this hardware, it supports
> even HVEC 10 bit hardware decoding. I wish my NUC had this capability.

I still have no idea how to fix this.  Worked fine in 0.27, but no
longer with 0.28.  I tried Normal High Quality, and the black flickering
band went away, but then I have tearing.  I tried OpenGL Normal, and the
black band went away, but so did the deinterlacing.  While changing the
playback profiles, I also noticed that the on screen pop up background
color changed from black (I think) to a cyan color.  No idea what caused
that either.

VA-API is not an option, since there is no driver support for my hardware.