[mythtv-users] strange order of expiry

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sat Oct 21 13:07:18 UTC 2017

On Fri, 20 Oct 2017 11:39:57 -0400, you wrote:

>On Sat, 2017-10-21 at 04:13 +1300, Stephen Worthington wrote:
>>
>> I have IPv6 dual stack also, and do not have this problem.  So do you
>> have an IPv6 address in the MythTV config, as well as an IPv4?
>
>I have a hostname.  I'm not interested in using IP addresses (and
>running around changing them in forty-eleven places when they change).
>That's what DNS is for.  :-)
>
>b.

I am taking a look at what is going on here.  I have set up my test PC
to use IPv6 addresses for MythTV and mythtv-status runs fine from
root.  But from my mythfrontend user, I get the error.  So could you
please try running mythtv-status from root and see if it works from
there.  If it does, you should be able to run balance_storage.sh from
root also - it is designed to work from there just as well as from a
mythtv group user.