[mythtv-users] Playback starts one minute in

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sat Oct 21 07:20:43 UTC 2017

On Sat, 21 Oct 2017 02:19:40 -0400, you wrote:

>On Sat, Oct 21, 2017 at 2:06 AM, Mark Perkins <perkins1724 at hotmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>> On 21 October 2017 4:23:33 pm Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Just something I've noticed in 29.
>> >
>> > Since MythTV .27 my default template starts recording 1 minute early and
>> > ends 1 minute late so as to avoid any issues with a station's timing
>> being
>> > off.
>> >
>> > In the last week or so (moved to 29 a few weeks ago) I've noticed that
>> the
>> > show starts playing one minute in. As in hit pause right at the start of
>> > playback and the position is 1:00. If I hit rewind, I can see the
>> previous
>> > minute that's been recorded.
>> >
>> > The recording DOES NOT have a cutlist.
>> >
>> > The frontend IS NOT set to auto-skip commercials.
>> >
>> > A week or two ago, I'd see the last minute of the previous program, but
>> > that's changed. Any idea why this would be happening?
>> >

>> > ----------
>>
>> This is a feature that was added a little while ago. I don't recall if it
>> has a toggle / checkbox somewhere to enable / disable. I think it was added
>> in 0.28?
>>

>In an initial skim of the changelogs, I couldn't see anything. Any idea
>what the justification was? If a person records early because some stations
>start a few seconds (or worse) early, why would they want to start one
>minute in?

Because that is the official start time.  You record early in case
they start early, but playback starts from the EPG start time, as that
is likely to be closer to where the actual program starts in the
recording.  Just use the PgUp key (or the remote version of that) to
move back to the actual start of the recording, if that is what you
need.

The change happened in 0.28.