[mythtv-users] OT: Moved aerial & lost one mux (UK Freeview)(solved)

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Thu Oct 19 09:54:05 UTC 2017

John Pilkington <J.Pilk at tesco.net> wrote:

> I hope it doesn't conflict with your attic storage plans.

Getting even more OT, no it doesn't.

Short/medium term I plan to get an installer out to put an aerial on the chimney, then I can pack this one away.

But in any case, I don't plan to be putting much at all in that part of the loft for the moment. A previous owner just boarded over the original ceiling joists adding no additional support. In that part, there's a long span and looking along the loft I can see the whole thing sagging several inches in the middle 8-O
So before I put anything in storage there, I need to remove all the boarding, jack up the ceiling back to where it should be, adding hangers off the purlins, cross joisting, and then re-board it.

Just one of many projects in this house - I'll be busy for quite a few years !

Not so OT, one of the urgent jobs is to find routes for some network cables etc so I can get things networked properly and get Myth working on more than just the lounge TV.