[mythtv-users] Livetv stutter

Peter Bennett cats22 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 19 02:44:14 UTC 2017

On 10/18/2017 10:38 PM, David Birch wrote:
> Ok, so mucking with the secs_min value in ringbuffer.cpp does have
> some of the desired effect. I found a setting around 1.4 is a bare
> minimum to fill about 1% of the buffer and play all the hd channels i
> have without issue, FWIW most seem to be saying they're between
> 3-8mbps. The side effect is noticable lag to start, and a much more
> noticable lag during channel change. If i push the value up above 2s
> then channel change seems to break - video never actaully displays but
> audio plays after a few secs. This test was on the i5 nuc i have, will
> test celeron based one soon.
>
> Thanks

If you can post a patch on the ticket it will be helpful. I can test it,
validate it and commit it if it looks good, or use it as a help in
finding the correct solution. Also please feel free to post comments,
suggestions and further details in the ticket.

https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12318

Peter