[mythtv-users] Livetv stutter

Peter Bennett cats22 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 19 02:30:20 UTC 2017

On 10/18/2017 04:05 PM, Tim Draper wrote:
> tried it for 5mins without pausing; no difference... it continues to stutter.
> in playback data, the FRAMES DECODED/FREE shows figures like 8/17 when stuttering occurs. Pausing liveTV for a few seconds puts it to a 20/2 figure and stuttering disappears, so assuming the 'frames free' counter can be relied upon, this might be something to watch to provide a suitable fix?
> another option would be to watch the available buffer, to ensure it's above (for example) 25% filled?
>
> fwiw, i'm experiencing this on a 2820 NUC that uses VAAPI
I wish I knew how to create this problem, then I may be able to fix it.
In my case, watching Live TV occasionally gives a short pause or two in
the audio in the first 5 seconds or so, then is fine. The short pause
that I do get, results in the recording catching up to the playback in
case it is slightly behind.

I will look at it under ticket
https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12318
Perhaps that pause is not actually working the way I assume. It could be
that your signal has a bigger than usual audio and video offset and the
playback is never rectifying itself.

Peter