[mythtv-users] Frontend playback slow

Jack McGee jack at greendesk.net
Tue Oct 17 18:07:43 UTC 2017

On 10/17/2017 09:13 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 10/14/2017 08:38 AM, Jack McGee wrote:
>> On 10/14/2017 06:56 AM, Jack McGee wrote:
>>
>>> bump.
>>>
>>> I have purged the frontend, renamed the .mythtv directory,
>>> reinstalled and the problem persists.  I can watch the recordings
>>> without issue (other than the user interface) on the same machine.
>>>
>>> Any thoughts on how to fix this?
>>
>> this is on Ubuntu 16.04
>
> FWIW, it's almost definitely problems with your audio configuration--in
> MythTV or in your system.  What's misconfigured? I couldn't say, but
> looking around there is a good place to start.

Thanks Mike. I think it is hardware.  Kodi started crashing.  But when
it was running, it would play the recordings fine.  Wiped the machine,
reinstalled 16.04 and myth frontend hangs on setup. KODI still crashing
occasionally.

Raspberry PI 3 on the way.

I just wish there was a form factor with Nvidia graphics like my Acer
Revo and Zotac.