[mythtv-users] MythTV-light on RPI3 crashes

Peter Bennett cats22 at comcast.net
Sat Oct 14 23:20:04 UTC 2017

On 10/14/2017 06:05 PM, Rajil Saraswat wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using Raspbian stretch and trying to setup Mythtv-0.28.
> Unfortunately mythfrontend crashes for me with error:
>
> /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libcec.so.4:undefined symbol:
> _ZN11StringUtils6FormatEPKczx
>
> Any recommendations on how to fix this?
>
> Thanks

I recommend using Raspbian Stretch and perform the upgrades recommended
here:
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi#Raspbian
Make sure you use the appropriate link in the repository setup. See:
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythTV_Light#Repository_Setup
Perhaps you have specified jessie instead of stretch in there.
Check your raspbian version with lsb_release -a to make sure you are
running stretch.