[mythtv-users] ZMClient: no valid IP or port found for mythzmserver

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 19:48:57 UTC 2017

MythTV 29

Zoneminder 1.30.4

Piece by piece I'm installing the stuff that was on my old mythbox before I
did a clean install. I had zoneminder running for years.

Installed zoneminder and mythzoneminder.

Got zoneminder and the camera working.

Started zoneminder. Started mythzmserver.

When I go to Show Console. Show Live View and Show Events, I get nothing.

Go to setup. Server is 127.0.0.1. Port is 6548. Zoneminder is running and
on the same box as MythTV.

Frontend log shows:

zmclient.cpp:64 (setupZMClient) ZMClient: no valid IP or port found for
mythzmserver

This is one of those moments where the initial install years ago was easy,
so now I'm scratching my head as to what the heck is wrong.