[mythtv-users] On a personal note

Saul A. Peebsen userblues at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 11 18:05:33 UTC 2017

Sometimes it just feels like luck has turned its back.
Look what happened to me last year.
First, I was diagnosed with cancer. Surgery, treatment. Something went
wrong, the treatment almost killed me, I was in the bed for six weeks,
barely able to move.
OK, so finally I got out from bed. But I was too weak to go to work. So
I gave up my job. Just sitting at home and thinking how to proceed ...
then historic Louisiana flood came and submerged my home. I lost
everything I owned, except for cars. Home was underinsured, contents
was not insured at all.
Now I have a home without walls inside, had to demolish all the walls,
mold. No furniture. No clothing. I had well equipped little garage, I
like to do my own wrenching. Now it all is rusty and all the power
tools are kaput. The computer I'm sitting at right now was submerged, too. Miraculously it started working after I took it apart
and cleaned and dried everything.
People who have all that do not know how lucky they are. I hear people
whining all the time how bad everything is.
So I lost my health, my job and my home ... but I'm not whining.
I still have two little dogs. :)

--
Cheers, Saul