[mythtv-users] Font niggle in 'buntu xenial MythCenter-wide

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 11:15:09 UTC 2017

> On starting the frontend I got a pageful of errors about
>>
>> Could not load "Droid Sans", loading "DejaVu Sans" instead.
>>

> The fonts are in git, in the mythtv/themes/fonts directory. "make install"
> puts them into /usr/share/mythtv/fonts. I have a bunch of ttf files there
> including seven Droid fonts. I don't know from which package these are
> installed, but I assume there is something wrong with your build or your
> packages if the fonts are not there.

I've got the same problem with this message in mythfrontend.log:

E CoreContext mythfontproperties.cpp:406 (ParseFromXml) MythFontProperties:
Failed to load 'Droid Sans', got 'DejaVu Sans'
instead#012#011#011#011Location:
/usr/share/mythtv/themes/MythCenter-wide/osd.xml @ 251#012#011#011#011Name:
'medium'#011Type: 'fontdef'

But on my system (MythBuntu 0.28) it looks like the font is installed so
why am I getting that message in mythfrontend.log?

$ locate Droid
/usr/share/fonts/truetype/droid/DroidSansFallbackFull.ttf
/usr/share/fonts-droid-fallback/truetype/DroidSansFallback.ttf
/usr/share/ghostscript/9.18/Resource/CIDFSubst/DroidSansFallback.ttf
/usr/share/mythtv/fonts/DroidSans-Bold.ttf
/usr/share/mythtv/fonts/DroidSans.ttf
/usr/share/mythtv/fonts/DroidSansMono.ttf
/usr/share/mythtv/fonts/DroidSerif-Bold.ttf
/usr/share/mythtv/fonts/DroidSerif-BoldItalic.ttf
/usr/share/mythtv/fonts/DroidSerif-Italic.ttf
/usr/share/mythtv/fonts/DroidSerif-Regular.ttf