[mythtv-users] Possible bug about unwatched and automatically marking watched

Peter Bennett cats22 at comcast.net
Fri Oct 6 16:36:12 UTC 2017

On 10/06/2017 11:57 AM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> Hoi Peter,
>
> Friday, October 6, 2017, 4:24:11 PM, you wrote:
>

>> On 10/04/2017 11:17 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
>>> Hoi All,
>>>
>>> The last few months I have been watching an old recorded series and I
>>> have noticed a weird behavior regarding the unwatched group.
>>> I have automatically setting watched activated, which most of the time
>>> works. Long before I had noticed that when watching from the unwatched
>>> group a show gets marked watched but stays in there. I had never put
>>> much attention to that. Until one time the automatically marking
>>> watched failed. I marked it watched and it got replaced by the next
>>> show in line, as it should, but also as it hadn't before.
>>> I have been playing around with it. When a show gets marked watched
>>> automatically, the system does not notice and it does not get replaced
>>> by the next in line. If you next subsequently mark it unwatched and
>>> next watched it will.
>>> So is this a bug?! I think so.
>>>
>>> I'm still running 0.27
>>>
>> How do you get the unwatched group? I have never seen a feature like
>> that. I only have groups like Default, LiveTV, and any others I set up
>> myself. There is a checkbox to say don't show watched programs. Is that
>> what you mean?
>> Peter
> Ah sorry I translated back from Dutch, but I checked and it is called
> "Watch List" in English. In Dutch it's called "Nog niet gezien" or
> "Not jet Seen" aka "Unwatched"

Having the system automatically marks a show as watched is not entirely
reliable. I have found that if you stop 10 minutes before the end it can
mark it as watched. That could be a problem if you were planning to come
back and watch the rest. So this may be on purpose. If you explicitly
mark it as watched then it is clear that you have watched it, so it can
come off the list.

Peter