[mythtv-users] MyHarmony & FE - alternatives to IR?

David Engel david at istwok.net
Thu Oct 5 14:40:20 UTC 2017

On Thu, Oct 05, 2017 at 08:59:15AM +0100, Tim Draper wrote:
> Is there a way to use the myharmony system with a frontend without using IR?
> while myharmony does (apparently) have bluetooth, I've been un-sucessful getting it working with my main FE
>
> basically i have IR on my NUC (DN2820FYKH) but it doesn't always turn on - possibly the dog got in the way at the wrong moment, or the NUC doesn't see it so things can get out of sync which whats powered on or off. It's very rare the TV or AVR doesnt turn on and 9/10 seems to be the NUC with the issue.
>
> Myharmony software doesn't seem to be aware of the NUC2820 bluetooth and i cant find much info on getting them paired.
>
> how are you folks connecting to FE's?

Do you mean with a Harmony hub or with a Harmony remote with
bluettoth?

If the former, I have one and it works great.  The trick is you have
to configure your MythTV PC as a Windows PC in order to get a decent
offering of keys to map to remote buttons.  If you configure it as a
generic bluetooth device, you get a pitiful offering of keys.

If you mean with a Harmony remote that does bluetooth directly, I'm
not sure how that works.  Look to see if it too offer a choice of a
Windows PC.

David
--
David Engel