[mythtv-users] Locking down mythweb to local only - Best place for Require local

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 18:19:29 UTC 2017

I haven't really used apache much, run my site on nginx, so I'm just trying
to secure mythweb (and eventually zoneminder and phpmyadmin when I install
them) to be local access only so I can tunnel in via ssh.

>From my Googling I thought this would work in the myhtweb.conf:

 <Directory "/var/www/html/mythweb" >

    # I *strongly* urge you to turn on authentication for MythWeb.  It is
disabled
    # by default because it requires you to set up your own password file.
Please
    # see the man page for htdigest and then configure the following four
directives
    # to suit your authentication needs.
    #
    AuthType           Digest
    AuthName           "MythTV"
    AuthUserFile       /etc/mythtv/htdigest
    Require            valid-user
    BrowserMatch       "MSIE"      AuthDigestEnableQueryStringHack=On
Require local
Satisfy all

Etc.

But after restarting apache I'm still able to access mythweb from a
computer outside localhost.

Any ideas? Thanks.