[mythtv-users] UPDATE 3: Re: WinTV-dualHD TV Tuner now found (2 tuners!)

Ian Campbell ijc at hellion.org.uk
Mon Oct 2 08:20:00 UTC 2017

On Sun, 2017-10-01 at 16:54 -0400, A. F. Cano wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 17, 2017 at 04:57:46PM -0400, I wrote:
> > On Sun, Sep 10, 2017 at 07:03:59PM +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:
> > > Linux has a merge window open now, so fingers crossed for this
> patch
> > > going in for v4.14!
> >
> > I hope it makes it into stretch-backports soon!

> I went looking for any indication as to when the 2-tuner patch is going
> into the queue of which kernel and didn't find anything,

I had a look too and couldn't find anything either (I had thought it
was going in shortly, but it's not in Linus' master nor the linux-media
tree AFAICT). I did find this

https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/8741651/

Where the latest entry is from the author of the patch in 9 September
saying they are hoping to get back to upstreaming soon.

[...]
> The custom kernel installation instructions here:
>
> https://linuxconfig.org/building-kernels-the-debian-way
>
> are outdated.
>
> make-kpkg is no longer available in stretch, so had to look around.
> Apparently the same can be done now with just
>
> make deb-pkg

FYI the canonical reference for this these days is
    https://kernel-handbook.alioth.debian.org/
(in particular chapter 4).

> In the end: SUCCESS!!  A huge thank you to the developers.

Cool!

Ian.