[mythtv-users] Can't access 6544 over port forward

Peter Bennett cats22 at comcast.net
Sun Oct 1 14:15:03 UTC 2017

On 10/01/2017 09:02 AM, Daniel Frey wrote:
> Since I upgraded to v29 I can no longer access 6544 over a port
> forward on my router. I have no issue accessing mythweb, however.
>
> I have noticed rejected connections in the backend logs when trying this.
>
> Are there new settings for the http server in v29 regarding this?

There is a new feature in v29 that blocks access from outside of your
local network, as a security measure. You can override that by going to
mythtv-setup, general, host address backend settings, and selecting
"allow connections from all subnets". It is not recommended because then
the whole world can connect to your mythtv system.

Peter