[mythtv-users] Clean install - Added 29 PPA, but 28 installed?

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 02:28:04 UTC 2017

In a thread earlier today, Peter Bennett asked if I had really installed 29
because he thought, based on my issue, that it might be .28.

Was away from my computer for a bit, but tonight I went through my bash
history because even though I thought I installed 29, System Info showed I
was running .28-fixes.

Okay, so what I did this morning, I did clean install of Xubuntu 16.04. My
bash history shows I then ran:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mythbuntu/0.29

Followed by sudo apt-get install mythtv

Probably missing something obvious here (don't do a clean install on <4
hours sleep) but why did I install .28 if the repo was 29 and there wasn't
already a mythtv on the system?

Curious where I messed up. :-)