[mythtv-users] How can I reset the Mythtv Web frontend password

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 03:09:20 UTC 2017

On 11/28/2017 07:46 PM, Anthony Giggins wrote:
> the default admin:mythtv is not working.....
>
> I've followed all the steps here
>
> https://lists.gt.net/mythtv/users/609011
>
> and here
>
> https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1730
>
> but its still not working :(
>
> similar to the above I get
>
> curl -H Accept:application/json localhost:6544/Myth/GetSetting?Key=HTTP/Protected/Urls\&HostName=_GLOBAL_
> {"String": ""}
>
> curl -H Accept:application/json localhost:6544/Myth/GetSetting?Key=DBSchemaVer\&HostName=_GLOBAL_
> {"String": "1348"}
>
> mysql> SELECT * FROM users; +--------+----------+----------------------------------+---------------------+ | userid | username | password_digest
> | lastlogin | +--------+----------+----------------------------------+---------------------+ | 1 | admin | bcd911b2ecb15ffbd6d8e6e744d60cf6 |
> 0000-00-00 00:00:00 | +--------+----------+----------------------------------+---------------------+ 1 row in set (0.00 sec)
>
> I've tried reseting this to the default password_digest kkKdgqQekwSGxt5evalgLVXDmYY=

Hi,

You'll have to define what not working means to you.

You can't reset password_digest from WebFrontend.

There's currently no GUI or endpoint to change it. I have a patch if you build
from source. It's not ready for release yet.

However, the above username/password_digest is correct for admin/mythtv.

In order to make it useful, you also have to change HTTP/Protected/Urls
from the empty string to /. Or a comma separated list of Services, like:
Myth,Dvr,Video etc. If you do that and have some other application that
uses the Services API, then it too would need to do digest authentication.

The kkK... password was for user admin password asdfasdf which was what
@jgoerzen was trying to use. It's not a default.

--
Bill