[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase not updating since last week's boot

Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 14:09:48 UTC 2017

Hi Mark

>> So "54.85.117.227" is SchedulesDirect, but "192.168.0.37" is my laptop
>> (hence 'T61' up there).  Umm, why is it talking to SchedulesDirect since
>> it's a Frontend - neither Backend was listed. The other thing is the T61
>> is connected to "BE2"; "BE1" is the one I'm having problems with not
>> updating mythfilldatabase.
>>
>> And as usual barely a clue on what the other numbers mean up there; Port
>> 80 I think is http (or maybe https?)  Just know once I shut down the T61
>> all the way the way (powered off) it wasn't listed on the NAT Table any
>> longer, which I'm thinking is a good thing. Half-hoping this fixes my
>> mythfilldatabase issue.  From the link Bill gave me to SD it sounds like
>> I may have to request a reset. Just wondering if perhaps the T61 was the
>> cause.  (I can go into it's MythTV history if helpful to figure out why
>> it is connecting to SchedulesDirect.)
>>
>> TIA...
>> Barry
> Accidentally got a backend instance running on your remote FE? Run ps aux | grep myth on T61 see if there is a BE running.

Yes: had configured as a way to watch weather reports in the event of a
local storm and the power goes out and the UPSs at the Frontends and TVs
run out.  IIRC configured for 127.0.0.1 as no need to be accessed by the
other Frontends.  Had the problems here to changed the laptop to look at
the computer Backends (which sort of negates the power outage scenario!)
to troubleshoot.

Anyway: the outputs of ps aux | grep myth :

On startup: barry 3398 0.0 0.0 14224 940 pts/17 R+ 07:40 0:00 grep
–color=auto myth

The non-zero numbers change and on re-run the R+ changed to S+.  I know
what "7:40" is! <g>

Ran mythfrontend via Terminal and on exit got this:

root 4371 0.6 0.6 7644 19356 ? S 07:46 0:00 /usr/bin/perl -w
/etc/cron.daily/optimize_mythdbbarry 4839 0.0 0.0 14224 944 pts/17 S+
07:47 0:00 frep –color=auto -i myth

At the root line the S is just S.

TTYL
Barry