[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase not updating since last week's boot

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sat Nov 25 17:08:54 UTC 2017

On 11/25/2017 09:48 AM, Barry Martin wrote:

>> Did I understand in a earlier post here that you can run mythfilldatabase
>> OK from one host, but not in another? If so, are they using the same WAN
>> IP? The Private Network IPs 192.168 etc. don't matter.
>
> Yes, though last night I noticed BE2 didn't appear to have (mythfilldatatabase) updated from the previous night - indicated 12 days, which isn't
> normally a problem as only 13 days and that depends on the timing of the update.  More slight paranoia as BE1's isn't working at all.
>
> As for the WAN, the short answer is yes:
>
> DSL == my gateway (192.168.0.1) == gigabit hub == gigabit hub == both Backends and a RPI WiFi

I don't know how Schedules Direct can block one backend and not the
other, as it used to do that based on the IP. I'd recheck the 'working'
backend again. mythfilldatabase --dd-grab-all -v file:debug,network:debug
I assume both are using the same Schedules Direct User ID and password.

Semi good news, you can run Wireshark on both machines and compare the
protocol. You'd just need to look at the initial SYN packet sent by
both backends.

--
Bill