[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase not updating since last week's boot

Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 00:59:59 UTC 2017

Hi Folks!

> Run Wireshark as sudo or from root.
Steve: did get it configured with chmod +x /usr/bin/dumpcap.  I thin k I
tried sudo but can't recall.

Bill:
>> ...OK, "Wire_02.pcapng" is uploaded at https://pastebin.com/SKW0gzzs
>> I scanned for user and password and didn't find any, which seems like a problem.
> The pastes (as you suggested earlier) aren't readable. You can print the
> capture and save it as a text file and pastebin that. Or, you can just
> look for a line similar to:
>
>       Authorization: Basic c2RteXRoxxxxNjpjYXBDQVQ0MxxxNDE0MQ==

Presumably that line is supposed to be  in the "Info" column; didn't see
anything close.  'Find' looks for packets and -- ah! no, still not find
'authorization' nor 'basic' but did find out it wants the whole word.

And played a little more and Wireshark's find doesn't work like a text
editor's find.

Presuming since not getting/transmitting an authorization that's why I'm
not connecting and won't get the following:
> The connection uses basic authentication, so you won't see your
> password in clear text. But I'd change some of the hex anyway
> before pasting.
>
> You should then see a Continuation and if you look at the data
> see something like:
>
> <?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
> <SOAP-ENV:Envelope
> xmlns:SOAP-ENV='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/'
> xmlns:xsd='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema'
> xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance'
> xmlns:SOAP-ENC='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'>
> <SOAP-ENV:Body>
> <ns1:download  xmlns:ns1='urn:TMSWebServices'>
> <startTime xsi:type='xsd:dateTime'>2017-11-21T16:19:00ZZ</startTime>
> <endTime xsi:type='xsd:dateTime'>2017-12-08T16:19:00ZZ</endTime>
> </ns1:download>
> </SOAP-ENV:Body>
> </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

Now to figure out how to save it as a text file!  (I know: RTFM! <g>)

Barry