[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase not updating since last week's boot

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Tue Nov 21 03:34:53 UTC 2017

On Sun, 19 Nov 2017 08:25:47 -0600, you wrote:

>Hi Peter
>
>>   From yoour log you can see it failed to get the data -
>>
>> 2017-11-18 11:41:28.087791 E  DataDirect: Failed to get data: Download error
>> 2017-11-18 11:41:28.087815 E  Encountered error in grabbing data.
>> 2017-11-18 11:41:28.150098 E  Failed to fetch some program info
>>
>> Are you using schedules direct? Have you paid your annual fee ($25) ? I
>> suggest logon to the schedulesdirect.org site and check that you are
>> still set up.
>
>Yes, subscribe to SchedulesDirect; there are two Backends here,
>independent of each other (planning on retiring the old system but
>things keep occurring) and the other system has been receiving and
>updating fine.  (Having been doing so with both Backends for some time.)
>

>Reposting the log reference just to make it easier to find again should
>it be necessary:
>
>At Terminal did mythfilldatabase --dd-grab-all again and grabbed the
>log: posted at https://pastebin.com/UEGAzVzL
>
>Thanks for the considerations!
>
>Barry

There is not enough information in the log to say what might be going
wrong - just that it is failing to download.  I do not know if
mythfilldatabase will give us more details, but it would be worth
trying increasing the logging, both the loglevel and verbosity:

mythfilldatabase --dd-grab-all --loglevel debug -v most

If that does not show what is happening, I would then use wireshark to
log the traffic to and from the MythTV box so you can see exactly what
it is sending to Schedules Direct and the error that it is getting.