[mythtv-users] I think I'm loosing my mind

David Hampton mythtv at love2code.net
Tue Nov 21 02:39:53 UTC 2017

On Tue, 2017-11-21 at 01:53 +0000, Jim Abernathy wrote:
> So I have a working FE built on a Core i3- Ivy Bridge NUC in my
> family room.  It's hooked to a Denon AVR-3313CI which is in turn
> hooked to a Panasonic Plasma TV. I want to build another FE for the
> bedroom on the other side of the wall from the family room.  Since we
> wouldn’t be using both mythtv FE at the same time in both rooms, I
> thought about just running the HDMI thru a 1 to 2 splitter/duplicator
> so both TV’s could see the same signal.  I would use Mythmote to
> control the screen.
>
> Once I hooked it up I had video on both TVs but only audio on the
> system running thru the AV receiver.  I tried taking the NUC into the
> bedroom and hooking it up to the TV directly, but no Audio, just
> video. I’ve tried looking through a bunch of settings on the TVs, AV
> receiver and the NUC. I know I’m missing something.  I thought about
> the TV having an issue or a cable being bad, but I’ve swapped a lot
> of that.

What kind of audio stream were you playing?  The TV probably can't
decode anything but stereo coming in on the hdmi input.  I have a
similar issue in my house and had to set up two frontends; one that did
surround sound and the other that downmixed everything to stereo.

> I went back to my original setup and it works fine.  This kind of
> stuff drives me to drink.:-)

Wait... are you saying that drinking is bad????

David