[mythtv-users] Updated MiniMyth2 Rpi edition

Piotr Oniszczuk piotr.oniszczuk at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 21:37:22 UTC 2017

> Hi Piortr,
>
> I downloaded the image, but on boot up, the frontend didn't start. After debugging for a bit, I discovered
> 1) The login for the distro is root/root - might want to document this in the install.txt

Good idea!
Already added  this :-)

> 2) The tar extract command isn't retaining the tar ball permissions.   It applied the UID/GID of my system mythtv to the image.   So on boot up, mythtv couldn't write to its own directory.    Once I chown/chmod the home directory back to mythtv:mythv, the front end starts up

It looks like You run bsdtar as user - not root.
In such case all files will have UID/GUI for user running bsdtar.
Pls try to run bsdtar command as root or use sudo.
Lack if information that unpack must be as root is my overlook in install.txt. Sorry for that!
I’ll add this to install.txt

> Once the system was up and running, I am seeing a few issues
> 1) DHCP doesn't set the hostname.  If you have multiple frontends, they all come up a rpi2 unless you edit /etc/hostname

Right. I setup to use networkd from systemd.
I’ll switch to dhcpcd.
stay tuned.
I’ll put information about this and provide updated image (probably via google drive this time)

> 2) Video is very choppy.   I have verified the MPG licenses are in place and enabled.  The system is set to use OpenMax Normal for playback.   I am using OpenMax HDMI for audio.

I suspect this is issue of UID/GUI rights of unpacked rootfs?
Pls reformat partition with rootfs and unpack SD image again - but this time with sudo or as root

> If I could smooth out the playback, this would be quite viable. Are you looking to trim the image down similar to what you did for x86 MiniMyth?  What about the config file you use for MiniMyth as well?

let see what interest be :-)