[mythtv-users] Multi Episodes in a Single Recording

Michael Wisniewski mikewiz38 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 01:18:14 UTC 2017

On Sat, Nov 18, 2017 at 9:44 PM, Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/18/2017 08:49 PM, Michael Wisniewski wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I've run into this issue a few years ago and I am starting to go down the
>> archiving path again.  Whenever there are multiple episodes in a single
>> file, MythTV doesn't put the Season/Episode numbers in.  So, for example:
>>
>> Title: Back at the Barnyard
>> Subtitle: Barnyard Idol; The Haunting
>>
>> It should be S01E31 and S01E32, but the tvdb filler script doesn't find
>> it because of the semi-colon in the episodes.
>>
>> Now I could remove everything after the semicolon and have it find
>> S01E31...  But before I do this, I was wondering if I could just add
>> another line to the program table that has everything as the original but
>> just split into two subtitles.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
> One thing you can do - If you are in the USA, switch to the json grabber
> and use tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite (see https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/XM
> LTV#Setup_with_tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite) . Season and episode numbers are
> filled in by the grabber. You can skip the metadata download. If you do run
> the metadata download and it does not find the season and episode, it keeps
> the one it got from the grabber.
>
> In the case of double episodes, it gives you the season and number of the
> first of the two, which I think is what you want.

Thanks for the response.  What a pain to switch over to the json grabber!
First I was running out of memory, then ran into configuration errors, then
wiped all my channels...  Not your fault, just wasn't my day.

In any case, after I switched it, I ran 'mythmetadatalookup
--refresh-all-rules' and 'mythmetadatalookup --refresh-all'.  I'll preface
this with I'm not an expert with this and still learning...  But it is
still showing 0x0 when searching with ttvdb.py.

Will this only work on new recordings?  Will the existing recordings fill
in the multi episode information?

Thanks!