[mythtv-users] Updated MiniMyth2 Rpi edition

Piotr Oniszczuk piotr.oniszczuk at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 22:24:51 UTC 2017

Hi there!

Encouraged by https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13170 I decided to refresh my minimyth2 RPI edition project.

I prepared image based on current ArchLinux ARM, Qt5.9.2 (recompiled so works x11 and EGLFS) and current mythtv master (r328 with all MiniMyth2 patches).
Applied mythtv patches:

	• Applied ticket9633 Progressbar on OSD
	• Applied ticket10710 for instant playback from playlist editor
	• Applied ticket12396 external .srt subtitles go out of sync in some use cases
	• Applied ticket12463 Tmp.fix for huge RSS allocations in prev.recorded screen
	• Applied ticket12479 Mythtranscode HLS heavy distortion on Australian FTA recordings
	• Applied ticket12683 MythUI Implement zoomable GuideGrids
	• Applied ticket12809 Use lastPlayPos rather than bookmark
        • Applied ticket13159 Automatic lookup of metadata should prefer exact title match
        • Applied ticket13170 Restore realtime priority capability for vsync thread
	• Add MythNotification support for custom theme definitions
	• Recording category selection in recordings UI
	• Recording rating setting in recordings UI
	• LVR patches for settings DB cache allowing mythfrontend startup speed-up

Image has eventlircd - so any remote supported by 4.9.60 kernel should work OOB with hot-plug and OSD notifications.

As current master has protocol compatible with mythtv v29 - currently I have packages only for master as they work well also with v29 backend (i believe).
When there will be protocol divergence - I will provide also packages for v29.

It has also simple mechanism allowing for user to ask for updates from UI.
(Setup/System Maintenance/System Updates)

if there will be users using my work - I have plan to periodically provide updated mythtv packages.

SD card image is here:
(replace xx in URL!)
hxxp://warped.inet2.org/MiniMyth2-rpi2-latest.tar.bz2

SD card install instructions are here:
hxxp://warped.inet2.org/install.txt

If anybody is interested in using my work - pls let me know!

In case of any problems:
(a) Log via ssh as root/root
(b) type "cat /home/mythtv/mythfrontend.log"
(c) type „journalctl -b"

Happy Watching!

PS: MiniMyth2-rpi2-latest.tar.bz2 resides on my home server (with 250/25 Inet access) - so expect slow downloads.
If anybody knows free hosting space for HTTP 650M file downloads - pls advice!