[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase not updating since last week‘s boot

Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 18:39:38 UTC 2017

Hi Folks!

As the subjects says, mythfilldatabase hasn’t updated for a week, which
happens to correspond with a reboot, I _think_after doing:

     sudo add-apt-respository ppa:mythbuntu/0.28

     sudo apt update

     sudo apt upgrade

but I’m not sure – those notes have been collected by the city’s
recycling truck.

Frontend on the Backend is version is 0.28 (v0.28-62-g36fe0ce)

Backend version (mythbackend –version) ==> MythTV version
v0.28.1-62-g36fe0ce

Have tried the following (based on
http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2012-September/340230.html)

Rebooted(used sudo shutdown -r now)

At Terminal ran mythfilldatabase --dd-grab-all==> no update

Using mythtv-setup, General, 11th page/Program Schedule Download Options,
set Guide data arguments to: --dd-grab-all

At this page the arguement line was originally blank; adding the
switch/argument didn’t change anything (still not updating).

Rebooted between the various tries up there.

At Terminal did mythfilldatabase --dd-grab-allagain and grabbed the log:
posted at https://pastebin.com/UEGAzVzL

So hopefully can get a fix; please be detailed in the steps to try: it
may look like I know what I’m doing but I’m very much an amateur.

TIA!

Barry