[mythtv-users] Desperate: Help with ir-keytable and IguanaIR

Dave Ulrick d-ulrick at comcast.net
Fri Nov 17 21:45:41 UTC 2017

On Fri, 17 Nov 2017, Tom Dexter wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 3:41 PM, Dave Ulrick <d-ulrick at comcast.net> wrote:
>> I have an IguanaIR that is sort of working with ir-keytable. I had to select
>> the RC5 protocol. It was unresponsive with all of the other protocols.

> If that's true then these things are pretty useless, as the protocol
> is specific to the remote. I know for a fact that my Phillips TIVO34
> uses the NEC protocol. Even the old DVD remote I just tested as
> mentioned above requires the RC6 protocol and not the RC5.
>
> Another note: As a sanity check I got desperate and installed their
> Windows client/daemon stuff under Windows 10. I tried the tests listed
> here:
>
> http://www.iguanaworks.net/2012/igclient-examples
>
> The results were pretty similar in that it knows there's a device that
> (and can get the version), but does NOT receive any signals from the
> remote. This is a little fucking crazy. I got a serial port IT working
> under Linux literally 14 years ago and it went better than this.

My bad...I didn't realize that the protocol is related to the remote. I'd
assumed it was related to the IR receiver (the IguanaIR). Evidently my
remotes (a Hauppage remote plus a Logitech Harmony One set up to emulate a
Hauppage remote) are RC5.

Hopefully you'll be able to get the IguanaIR working with your remote.
Perhaps you should open a ticket with IguanaWorks.

Dave
--
Dave Ulrick
d-ulrick at comcast.net