[mythtv-users] Desperate: Help with ir-keytable and IguanaIR

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 19:27:25 UTC 2017

On 11/17/2017 01:07 PM, Tom Dexter wrote:
>> One quick question on the IguanaIR: This is the dual channel
>> transceiver. Is that supposed to have any LED or the like that would
>> light up when receiving like the MCE does? Mine stays totally dark.
>> I'd like to know if it might just be defective.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Tom
> Wow...now I'm really starting to wonder if this IguanaIR unit isn't
> just plain bad. I just dug out an old remote from a Phillips DVD
> player I had. That works with my MCE USB receiver and the rc-6
> protocol just fine, but again, gets absolutely nothing from using the
> IguanaIR with rc-6. That sort of rules out any issue with NEC
> specifically. I hope someone can answer my question as to whether
> those are supposed to light up.

I have never seen anything light up on the IguanaIR.

I have not used it for a while, but it worked very well when I did use
it. It is however a bit of a pain to set up. You need to install the
IguanaIR driver from their web site and set up LIRC. The LIRC that came
with UBUNTU did not include the IguanaIR support and I had to download
lirc and compile it myself with IguanaIR support.

You need to find or create an lircd.conf file that matches your remote.
There is a web site with configuration files for many remotes. If you do
not find yours there you can create it using the irrecord utility.

You need to start by reading the documentation and instructions on the
Iguanair web site. They are fairly comprehensive.

Peter