[mythtv-users] duplicating a mythtv system, sort of

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at outlook.com
Tue Nov 14 18:39:15 UTC 2017

> On Nov 13, 2017, at 11:05 PM, Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:
>
> On Mon, 13 Nov 2017 19:53:06 +0000, you wrote:
>
>> I have a mythbuntu 0.28 system backend at home that is working great.  I want to create a smaller one and put it in my RV for when I'm traveling.  Both will be completely for OTA tv recording.
>>
>> How can I transfer recording between the 2 systems?  When I'm at home I could bring the RV system in an plug it into the same subnet as the home mythtv system.  I know how to move the files around between the systems, but what about the database that keeps the list of recordings?  I know that if I just copy the files, you don't see them on the receiving system.
>>
>> This is probably easier if I do all the recordings by doing a backup and restore of the database.  But what about just doing some of the recordings. I have a user job that can be used to send TV to NAS, but I think that is overkill.
>>
>> Ideas?
>>
>> Jim A
>
> I have a laptop set up like this for use when I am away from home, and
> I also transfer recordings from my MythTV box (which has a satellite
> pay TV subscription) to my mother's MythTV box.  I use Mythexport's On
> The Go option to export the recordings, and Mythimport to import them.
> I had to rewrite Mythimport to make it work with the database changes
> in 0.28, but it works with v29 also.  The updated versions are on my
> personal web server:
>
> http://www.jsw.gen.nz/mythtv/mythimport.html

Looking at your web server page I’m not sure if I install the old version and then then new version or just install the version with the dependences fixed? Basically I have 16.04 and mySQL

Also not sure about the whole mythexport web page? I know about mythweb for changing recordings and looking at upcoming shows, etc, but not about mythexport web page.

Anymore data on that would be helpful.

Jim A