[mythtv-users] video tearing sometimes

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 13 04:08:57 UTC 2017

On 13 November 2017 11:07:36 am Jim Abernathy <jfabernathy at outlook.com> wrote:

> While this isn’t specifically a mythtv issue, I’m betting most mythtv users
> have done this and maybe can help me.
>
> My recorded TV plays great on my Mythbuntu 16.04 frontend, a Core i3-3217
> NUC computer.  but when I exit mythtv frontend and try to play an Amazon
> Instant Video using either Firefox or Google Chrome I get tearing on high
> action scenes like camera panning. The video requires DRM on the browsers,
> but I don’t know if that’s a problem.  I don’t have this issue on similar
> generations of Macs, or Windows machines.
>
> Any ideas?

What does top show when playing an Amazon Instant Video and how does that
compare to when Mythfrontend is playing?

Once upon a time I remember having to enable / force hardware decoding in
my Linux browsers. There was a different set of instructions for each IIRC.

This might give a lead.
https://askubuntu.com/questions/491750/force-enable-hardware-acceleration-in-firefox