[mythtv-users] BE 2 - Remote Frontends Sluggish on FF

Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 23:45:45 UTC 2017

Hi Mike!

> And last but not least, Steve:
>>> Yes, Mark and Mike are both right, I think it should be:
>>>
>>>    use mythconverg;
>>>    delete from settings where hostname='savaidh';
>>>    source savaidh.sql
>>>    quit
>>>
>>> Sorry about that - I was unable to easily test those commands as I did
>>> not want to mess up my database.
>>
>> <chuckle>  I don't blame you!  I'm trying to double and triple-check
>> before I do anything!
>>
>> So:
>> mysql -u mythtv -p
>> user = mythtv and then it wants mythtv's password -- not an absolute
>> newbie! <g>
>>
>> At the mysql prompt: use mythconverge;
>> Ah poop:  "ERROR 1044 (42000): Access denied for user 'mythtv'@'%' to
>> database 'mythconverge'
>>
>> Trying sudo use mythconverge; gives "error 1064 (4200) - error in
>> syntax".   (Well it sounded logical!)
>>
>> I'll post and wait for assistance before I screw things up too much!
>>
> That one's easy: no 'e' on the end of the database name!

Oops!  I think that was my auto spell check kicking in when I typed!
Think the mysql was complaining about sudo anyway

> Alternatively you can select the database by adding it as the last
> entry on the command line:
>
> mysql -u mythtv -p mythconverg
>
> - this does *not* mean that it uses mythconverg as the password!

Hmm, yes!   Part of me is dying to ask how does the complier/whatever
know when something is a variable.  ...Or maybe 'mythtv' isn't the -u
variable....  And the other part is now even more confused!!