[mythtv-users] integrating YouTube

TL ted1193-mythmlist at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 11 18:24:10 UTC 2017

On Tuesday, November 7, 2017, 3:50:07 PM EST, Jerome Yuzyk <jerome at supernet.ab.ca> wrote:

On Wednesday, May 24, 2017 7:38:38 PM MST TL wrote:
>>>How do you folks integrate YouTube? I don't want to download and keep
>>>recordings, just open Google Chrome and then YouTube from MythFrontend.
>>>I've done some Googling and not found any kind of consensus on the (best)
>>>way to do this.
>>>
>> Use https://www.youtube.com/tv#/browse
>> I am not sure if the above site will work outside the USA, but I am guessing
>> it does.
>>
>> Here is how I have done it:
>> https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=238&hilit=youtube
>
>I have (finally) followed your forum directions but MythFrontend doesn't give
>way to Chrome and irxevent grabs remote signals until Chrome is killed. Chrome
>does work when MythFrontend is shut down. Here's ps ax right after pressing OK
>on my YouTube link.
>
>32694 ?        S      0:00 sh -c /home/mythtv/bin/youtube_leanback
>32695 ?        S      0:00 irxevent /home/mythtv/.mythtv/
>youtube_leanback_lircrc
>32696 ?        Sl    0:01 /opt/google/chrome/chrome --kiosk https://
>
>www.youtube.
>
>32701 ?        S      0:00 cat
>32702 ?        S      0:00 cat
>32705 ?        S      0:00 /opt/google/chrome/chrome --type=zygote
>32706 ?        S      0:00 /opt/google/chrome/nacl_helper
>32709 ?        S      0:00 /opt/google/chrome/chrome --type=zygote
>
>I'm running 0.28.12 on Fedora 24 using Fluxbox. I do not have an "unclutter"
>so I commented it out.
>
>I can use Alt-Tab to get to the Chrome window, and KEY_STOP to close it and
>MythFrontend comes back, so it seems that I just can't get Chrome to come to
>the foreground when it's EXECed.
>
>Maybe because I'm using a Window Manager and not a Desktop?
>
>Also, how do I control the volume?
>
>Does anyone have a more-advanced LIRCRC for YouTube LeanBack?
>
>--
>A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.bss.ab.ca

Is there someone on the list that is familiar with Fluxbox on Fedora that knows an easy way to make sure a newly opened window is on top?

Jerome,

I just tried this method on a frontend running Mythbuntu 16.04 with MythTV 0.28, and all seams fine.  It appears that everything is as it should be with yours, except Chrome is not on top.  I am not familiar with Fluxbox or Fedora, but is looks like there needs to be a extra line in the script that sets focus or brings the window to the front.  I have never used a more advanced LIRCRC.  I have always used the remote to directly control the TV volume.