[mythtv-users] What are these connections?

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Fri Nov 10 00:17:07 UTC 2017

> On Wed, 8 Nov 2017 22:19:23 +1100, you wrote:

[trimmed discussion on mythtv contacting alcor.mythtv.org twice daily]

> I expect that the main reason for doing it this way is so that you can
> see the visual styles of all the themes when you are selecting one. If
> the themes were in packages, you would need to hunt down all the theme
> packages and probably install them before you could find out how they
> look.  That would not work well and most people would never bother to
> change from the default theme, and would be missing out on using a
> theme that suits them better.

I am not clear here. Would it not be as simple as fetching the themes
in the post-install script of the package during an update? Nothing
should change between updates, but if I really want to refresh my
themes then I should be able to do so when I use the chooser.

Personally, I do not see how selecting a theme is such a high frequency
activity that justifies a twice daily refresh.

cheers

--
Eyal Lebedinsky (eyal at eyal.emu.id.au)