[mythtv-users] BE 2 - Remote Frontends Sluggish on FF

Roger Siddons dizygotheca at ntlworld.com
Sat Nov 4 00:09:47 UTC 2017

On Fri, 3 Nov 2017 16:08:29 -0500
Barry Martin <barry3martin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Folks!
>
> Well, hopefully I did this right.  Posted two logs on pastebin at
> https://pastebin.com/u/Barry_IA :
>
> FE_Log    244K    This is the result of mythfrontend -v
> playback,database > [logfile]
>
> FE_Logging    12K    This is the result of mythfrontend > [logfile]

2017-11-03 15:32:05.296966 I  VDP: GetFilteredDeint() : xv-blit ->
'greedyhdoubleprocessdeint'

That's an unusual configuration. FF/REW might be tipping it over the
edge.

Bear in mind that the remote frontend gets its settings from the
backend's database.
It sounds like BE1 & BE2 have separate databases so the frontend
playback profile may be different in your comparisons.
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Configuring_Frontend#Current_Video_Playback_Profile

Compare your settings or the logs of mythfrontend -v playback when
connected to each backend.

> Sub-question: should anything be done with the logs?  The Backend
> (BE2) has five mythbackend.log's
> (just .log, .log.1, .log.2, .log.3, .log.4). Log is 10 MB, the
> numeric's are 11 MB each.  So 54 MB total.  df -h shows I have 53 GB
> available, so probably not a concern.  Just read a while back about
> someone screwing up their system when overrun by log files.

Looks like they're being rotated already so shouldn't be a problem.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/logrotate

BTW, https://www.linuxatemyram.com/ is a useful read.